Friday, December 24, 2010

12 Days of Christmas, Day 10: Top "Facebook Songs" of 2010

One of the best features of Facebook (to me, at least) is ability to "post a status." For many, the Facebook status is a subtle form of communication, meant to send a secret message to someone about how you feel, or just to get that lyric out of your head. That being said, there were quite a few songs that ended up on people's status than others, and that has sparked this list of the top songs, artists and lines I saw as a Facebook status in 2010:


Lil Wayne feat. Drake-"Right Above It"

Most quoted line: "Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand"

La Roux- "Bulletproof"
Most quoted line: "This time, baby, I'll be bulletproof"

Train- "Hey, Soul Sister"
Most quoted line: "Your sweet moonbeam, the smell of you in every single dream I dream."

Kanye West- "Power"
Most quoted line: "No one man should have all that power."

Ke$ha- Really, any song by her.
Most quoted song: "Take It Off"

Taio Cruz- "Dynamite"
Most quoted line: "I throw my hands up in the air sometimes."

Kanye West: "Runaway"
Most quoted line: "Let's have a toast for the douchebags, let's have a toast for the assholes. Let's have a toast for the scumbags, every one of them that I know. Let's have a toast for the jerk-offs that never take work off. Baby, I've got a plan: run away, as fast as you can."

B.o.B. feat. Hayley Williams- "Airplanes"
Most quoted line: "Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now."


I'm sure I missed a bunch, so if you have a song you couldn't get away from this year, let it show in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. "You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess"-Love Story by Taylor Swift
    "You can be my tan-legged Juliet, I’ll be your Redneck Romeo."-My Kinda Party by Jason Aldean

    ReplyDelete